Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Break!


 I actually have a little time to blog today! Our Spring Break is this week. Hallelujah! My kids were getting on my nerves and I'm sure I was getting on theirs.

We've done a lot since I last blogged but I haven't taken many pictures. We did this little writing activity for Dr. Seuss Read Across America. We read The Cat in the Hat and then the kids responded to this question, "Would you like the Cat in the Hat to come to your house?" I found this idea and the craft idea off of pinterest or somewhere.




There were some funny ones. One said he would like him to come because he didn't want to be in a no fun house. 

This is an activity we did for I'm a Caterpillar. I created it to try to finish part 2 of my craftivities for Unit 3 to put on TPT. I finished crafts for the first half of Unit 3. However, I could NOT find the time to finish it. But I did do a craft for this story. Hopefully, I can finish the entire Reading Street series during the summer. 


 This one cracked me up! "He went to get something to eat and he got a woman."  Technically true, I guess except I told them she got a mate.




Last thing- I finished the fry phrase cards for The Dot. We did that story last week. The Dot is one of my favorites. Next week is Mr. Bones- ugh. The kids are interested in it because it's about dinosaurs but in my opinion the story is dry and hard to teach. I wonder if there is another book about Barnum Bailey that's better. Is it just me or is the story really boring? 

I posted the cards for The Dot on TPT. I did all my own clipart except for the gold frame. Here's the link. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Dot-Fry-Phrases-Reading-Street-1178956


Happy Spring Break! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace