Wednesday, March 11, 2020

February in Kindergarten

I have unfortunately been hit by a stomach bug again, so while I have the house to myself, I am going to upload my pictures.
I have also tried to fix all my old posts. About a third of the pictures disappeared for some reason. 









This cutie pie is two years old already! Her name is Julia. 









Joy is an AMAZING big sister. It is so fun to watch. She is so patient with her.






So here is some of what we have been doing in Kindergarten in February this year. I can't bring myself to take it all down yet, I love their work so much. We learned about Ruby Bridges and Rosa Parks...



Black History Month Door Contest




In math, we have been working on subtraction. I made these little cards out of sentence strips and stickers to practice writing subtraction sentences. My students needed a little more practice. (They kept forgetting to count them all first.) So I used this activity with a small group. I used wikisticks to make the Xs. First, I made up subtraction stories and I crossed out the animals and they wrote the problem on their white boards. Then, I gave each child a sentence strip and some of the x's and said, "Take away 4." "Everyone take away 5.." That way they each had a different problem to do. They covered the animals with the x's and wrote the sentence. It went really well. 





































0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace