Friday, October 30, 2015

Roll A Word Spelling Centers

I've been creating roll-a-words for my class. They really enjoy the activities. Last week we were studying plural and singular nouns.So I created one for that lesson and they had fun with it. I just posted 3 roll-a-word spelling centers on TPT. I've made several more but haven't had time to create a cover and all of that.

If you haven't played roll-a-word, it's very easy. The kids roll a die, read the word, and follow the directions on the sheet and record the word. In the plural/singular noun roll-a-word, they had to change the singular noun to plural. Cross off the word, repeat until all words are recorded. Oh, and you go bottom to top. It's a nice hands-on activity and not a whole lot of prep. After a few times whole group, the kids should be ready to do this independently. I wanted them to have to really think about what they were doing and not just read and write the words. The last sheet has nouns that you add s, -es, and change the y to i. It really let me know who "got" it pretty quickly.

I'm going to let the inflectional endings one be an independent center this week. I thought they had that down, but I've been seeing mistakes in their writing. This packet has a lot of different ones ranging from easy to difficult.

                                This is one of the more difficult ones. All 3 ways are included.


Here are the links if anyone is interested. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace