Sunday, January 8, 2017

Kindergarten

Let me begin by saying I can't believe it's been over a year since I






wrote anything on this blog. No 2016 posts at all. There's been a lot of change. I moved to KINDERGARTEN this year!! 


I taught first grade for 10 years and really loved it. Then I had to move to 2nd. I know some teachers love second grade but I am not one of them. I really enjoyed getting to know my second grade team and of course I loved the kids. But I don't know, second grade just didn't seem like a good fit for me. The first year in second was extremely hard- probably one of the hardest years in a very long time. Maybe the hardest year ever besides the very first year as a brand new teacher. I looped with my students from first which seemed like a good idea at the time but probably wasn't the best thing to do. I had some children with extreme behavior issues and it wore me down. So there was no time for blogging. I tried a couple of times but I was really in survival mode. Last year was a lot better but I still missed teaching little kids. Especially reading. Maybe I'm weird but I like teaching phonics and reading from the very beginning and I'm confident in what I'm doing. Second grade shook my confidence. So when there was an opening for kindergarten, I asked and received. 

Boy, was it a rude awakening at first! Much different than I expected. But I liked it immediately. Now we have our routines down and that we're in the last half of the game, it feels a lot like teaching first graders again. 

The room I acquired is on the old side of the school so it is much smaller than my old first grade room. (I switched rooms in 2nd grade 3 times..... which was part of the problem.) I went back to the forest theme mainly because of my giant wooden chair that I love and couldn't leave behind. I found lots of new woodland animals to incorporate this year. One big raccoon is still in my car I found last month.... 

I wanted to share some pictures of my room that have been on my phone since July. 
Small Group Reading Area
View from the Door
Classroom Library



Add caption
Home Living Area- The only place I could find to put it and  there's no sink and it barely fits but they love it!

Labels!!!!

I bought out Dollar Tree this year. What's sad is I just bought about 6 more tubs for something else I'm planning. I said I would NOT buy another tub or bucket or container this year.





My Chair! with some animal friends from Dollar General.... 



I love this little squirrel basket I got from Michael's for way too much money. Even with a coupon....



Calendar/Whole Group Area





Student Work Board 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace